Intensive Disability Support Workers (Northern Midlands)
Multicap Tasmania is a leading disability services provider with growing operations across Northern Tasmania.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join a leading profit for purpose organisation as a Intensive Disability Support Worker.
If you are a positive and purpose driven person who is passionate about achieving great client outcomes this role is for you! This role shares the responsibility for delivering high quality support services, supporting team members and client NDIS outcomes, that place clients at the centre of support provision, ensuring high quality supports are being delivered.
You will also be charged with ensuring that our services provide maximum opportunities for client engagement in the community.
What we’re offering
· Ongoing support, training and development
· The ability to salary sacrifice so you can enjoy even more of your take home pay
· A positive, collaborative, and supportive team culture
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Intensive Disability Support Workers with a knowledge of contemporary practices in the disability sector who is keen to take on a role in a rewarding, vibrant and growing industry.
Our Intensive Support team, work with clients who may exhibit challenging behaviours, or mental health issues, requiring staff who have the ability to apply behavioural support strategies and follow clearly detailed plans.
Experience in Complex care will be highly regarded as well as being medical endorsed to administer medication. Ensuring the effective implementation of support plans for assigned clients, with a view to maximising the outcomes for clients and achieving improved independence are critically important to this role.
As an Intensive Disability Support Worker, you will be required to provide support to our clients across Multicap Tasmania’s supported accommodation sites or our community access hubs.
Please note, whilst we encourage flexible working in our organisation to support our wonderful clients, we do operate a 24/7 roster, opportunities to work weekends and overnight shifts also exist.
We will welcome your application if you have:
· Experience planning and leading high quality support services, and have a positive, solutions focused attitude and approach;
· Experience and skills in high performing teams;
· Demonstrated experience in operational disability support service delivery
· Knowledge of NDIS compliance, standards and processes
· High level decision making and critical thinking skills; and
· A passion for the client experience; ensuring we are empowering and encouraging our clients to lead their best lives
This is a great opportunity to be part of the continued growth of our organisation and a friendly, customer focussed, and supportive team
These roles are casual, a copy of the Position Description is available here:
For further information on the role please contact Melissa Neasey (HR Operations Officer – People Culture & Capability) on 03 6431 3211.
Applications must be submitted through the SEEK website and include:
· A cover letter detailing relevant knowledge, skills and experience. **
· A current resume, outlining a detailed work history and any training/qualifications undertaken.
· Applications must address the Selection criteria pertained in the Position Description.
** Please note that applications that do not attach a cover letter will not be shortlisted.
** Please note that applications that do not address the Selection criteria will not be shortlisted.
Applications close: 9am Friday, 2nd July 2021