Our very own Lisa Drake is participating in Frocktober
Frocktober empowers women around Australia to channel their creative flair through their favourite frocks, all while raising urgently needed funds for the OCRF’s innovative research projects that help to shine a light on ovarian cancer.
Some of the reasons Lisa frock’s up:
- Lisa suffered a family loss from this disease (read more in The Advocate’s article)
- There is no early detection test!
- One woman in Australia dies every 8 hours!
- Nearly 1 in 3 Australia don’t know the difference between ovarian and cervical cancer!
- The Ovarian Cancer Foundation receives far too little from the government for research and so relies on ongoing support and the success of campaigns like Frocktober.
Lisa is taking donations and selling raffle tickets as she dresses up each day in a new frock.
Purchase tickets to be in the draw for one of many prizes donated by some of Lisa’s supporters.
Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5 and are available at:
Lisa raised over $3,000 last year – her biggest year yet!
Help Lisa go even bigger this year to help find an early detection test for ovarian cancer and get more awareness out there!
LISA’S FROCKTOBER 2020 RAFFLE PRIZE LIST
Prea’s Seafood Bar and Grill 4x $50 vouchers
Flick + Dave Photography 1x mini shoot
Reading Cinemas Double Pass
Gin Distillery Gin Pack valued at $85
Jess Clark Body Shop 2x packs
Mumma Button gift voucher valued at $50
Kristy Douglas 2x Pure Romance pack
Aspire Beauty and Body gift voucher shellac nails
Emma-Kate Scott Arbonne gift pack
Cam Blake Photography 2x books
Katherine Voss Tupperware
Heidi Peters homemade biscuits and goodies
Kaisha Holman Norwex pack
Oak Hair Bar 1x $50 voucher and 1x hair pack
Tameika Wright Body Shop pack
Pommy Paul IGA vouchers, coke packs and 4x Smiths chips
Courtney Brown perfume
Simone Davern baked goods
Lisa Drake chocolates and wine
Susan Lee Terry White Chemist pack